CHICAGO –– Sept. 30, 2022 –– LogicGate, a leading provider of transformative risk and compliance solutions through its Risk Cloud® platform, concluded its third annual user conference, Agility 2022. Under the theme of “Real Risk. Real Solutions. Real Rewards.,” Agility 2022 convened privacy, GRC and risk management leaders to share best practices on how to manage cyber and operational risks in a holistic and secure way.
Sessions were led by LogicGate leadership and Risk Cloud experts, industry thought leaders and customers including Optiv, Zoom, Honeywell, Equiniti, Delta Dental of Michigan, Purpose Financial and more.
Several key themes emerged from two days of insightful strategic and technical sessions:
- Just start: Risk programs aren’t created overnight. You should start assessing data maturity, defining risks, creating workflows and implementing risk assessments into the organization. Not every risk or scenario is the same, but it’s important to start. At Salesforce's annual Dreamforce conference, Co-CEO Marc Benioff addressed the importance of security: “There’s no finish line when it comes to security and social engineering. There are things that we're going to need to do to help our customers prevent these kinds of issues.” Before formalizing a risk program, GRC professionals should:
(1) Implement risk policies before trying to execute them.
(2) Educate leaders on the company’s risk posture while building the program, not afterward.
(3) Always think in terms of people, process and technology – in that order.
- Prioritize cyber risk: Nearly 75% of global cyber-risk decision makers have experienced at least one cyberattack in the past year. Whether it’s a phishing scam or a data breach, cyber risk management helps companies execute plans to counteract security problems. Cyber risk management is enterprise risk management in today’s business landscape. But don’t let it be the organization’s blind spot – use a business system inventory to centralize all data, create cross-functional processes to communicate cyber risk, and add business context to cyber risk decision-making.
- Break down organizational silos: Risk is everyone’s responsibility. You need to create a shared language of risk throughout your organization and identify champions for risk measurement and mitigation. The more risk becomes a common discussion throughout an organization, the better. When communicating risk to the board, leverage risk quantification to translate it into terms its members understand – business impact.
“LogicGate is deeply committed to empowering our customers. We want them to win and find success,” said Matt Kunkel, co-founder and CEO of LogicGate. “But after meeting with our customers again at Agility 2022, it’s clear that risk management is a journey, not a finish line. Effective risk management requires businesses to build trust within the organization and across key stakeholders. Creating a holistic risk culture helps every employee understand how risks map back to strategic goals and objectives, breaking down the silos that prevent businesses from maximizing their risk ROI.”
To access Agility 2022’s on-demand sessions, visit agility.logicgate.com.